Your Home Moving Guide
Are you preparing for your home moving? If so, you might be running around to get everything organized.
Here are some tips to make your moving in to a new home go smoothly.
- Do a final walk through at your new place before you start unloading and make sure all agreed upon repairs were completed.
- Greet your new neighbors as soon as possible – and focus on building friendships at your new community. Introduce your family members and let them know you’re excited to get to know them better.
- Keep cleaning supplies handy.
- Find out when is local trash disposal day – and what details are for recycling. Ask a new neighbor about this and introduce yourself.
- Sort first and unpack later according to the different rooms.
- Unpack one room at a time. If you have kids, unpacking their rooms first might be a smart move to help them get comfortable.
- Plan to unpack the kitchen, which might be the most time-consuming room to unpack.
- Keep a charity donation bin handy – and you might realize that some things don’t fit or won’t have a use in your new home.
- Pack an overnight bag with essentials and think about what you’ll need for the next day or so.
- Easy lunch or dinner or takeout pizza.
If you are thinking about pursuing a real estate goal, now is the best time to act. Please contact us for more information about the home listing, selling and buying process – and how to best position yourself for success.
By Christi Long, real estate agent, CALBRE 01410855. Professional real estate representing for buyers, sellers and investors since 2004. Contact me at 949-212-5427. REALTOR® agent at HomeSmart Evergreen Realty. CalBRE 01438859.
“Your Home Moving Guide” – at ExloreTheOC.com.